[lit-ideas] Re: NYTimes.com Article: Iraq-Bound Troops Confront Rumsfeld ...

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 23:52:07 EST

In a message dated 12/8/2004 8:43:36 PM Central Standard Time,
aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Not to  mention that the guys wouldn't need anything if Fearless Leader was
out there  fighting terrorists instead of breeding them.

Hi,
Look, it has created incredible job security for my siblings. I have one  who
is completely in charge of a brand new area in NSA because of the war in
Iraq.  (think of the bonuses gotten in my family this year!!  I was  stunned to
hear, for the first time [dang, I'm so naive--] of the $$ that the  federal
government gives its people in bonuses.  And, I was involved,  rather smartly
and
firmly, that they deserve them and they are rightfully given.  (never mind
that MY government entity has claimed, for years, that NO government  entities
would EVER give/get/receive bonuses because they were serving the  public
interest. I did forward onto the two who make those decisions the  information
regarding federal bonuses in the hopes that they would see the light  and use
some
of the $$ we waste on little-used databases for bonuses for our  people.
Alas. They are far too idealistic and get far too many strokes spouting  off
the
$$ millions we spend on technology (forget that they refuse to market it  ...
if we build it, they will come...even if they have no idea it exists.
Nevermind...<sigh>)   At least no one who suggests bonuses  spouts off the
idealistic
'we are a government entity and are above all of the  financial aspects that a
corporation is' any longer.  (one of the hq people  did this year--her son
got a $50 gift card from his company and he's only been  there for 90 days and
makes minimum wage--she's been with the library for  24  years and has never
gotten one...)  (I also have to admit that my  staff has shared with Others
what
came to light--we are SO naive in my world it  is incredible. No wonder they
almost all voted for Bush..<wry look>)

Wondering what sort of bonus Rumsfeld is receiving this year,
Marlena in Missouri