[lit-ideas] Re: NYT in the news again

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:10:58 -0400

Eric Yost:

"Gee, Phil, I know you have no sense of humor, but on the other hand,
you do have considerable capacity to be insulting."

I am not the one who compared Eric to Hitler.  It wasn't me who implied
that Eric was a fascist.  I thought it was funny when it happened and I
thought Eric would find it funny to be reminded of the stupid
accusation.  I apologize to Eric, he is certainly not a fascist, but
really what did he think the 'apparently' referred to?  What post*, in
the recent past, had made the connection between Eric and fascism
'apparent'?  And when I made light of being called names?  I quoted Eric
being flippant with regards to names he applied to himself, I gave a
name and was equally flip.  What the hell did he think that meant?
APPARENTLY, the only humour possible here is the kind that is either so
obvious as to be lame or, for Amago, comes with explanations.  Not that
there is anything wrong with that.

Exasperatedly,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON

replied:

"Well, of course, this is the view of such eminent cultural theorists as
Len Pen, Hitler, and xenophobes and racists since the beginnings of
Western culture."