[lit-ideas] Re: NYT in the news again

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:27:53 -0400

Wow, you're tough.  Examples of years long front page reporting about
something that never happened that smeared the president for no reason and
warranted a special prosecutor, and not stopping a rampaging reporter from
writing about mythical WMD as justification for invading Iraq (my example
of the Times supporting Bush and his war) isn't enough for you.  Or having
better things to do instead of fact checking Jason Blair.  I concede, you
win.  Since I can't trust the Times enough to read them, I can't offer any
other examples.  Looks like even if you did owe me a fish, given the
fantastical nature of reality at the Times, we'd have to settle for Tim
Burton's Big Fish anyway.

Andy Amago