[lit-ideas] Re: NYT in the news again

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 00:23:45 -0400

They can editorialize to their heart's content.  It's their facts that are
the problem.  Here's a newspaper that supports a war and never checks the
facts.  The damage that invading Iraq did to the U.S., the lives it cost
Americans and Iraqis is downright criminal.  Likewise regarding Clinton.
They ran the country on a five year long, $40 million joy ride over a
non-starter.  Nonexistent WMD, nonexistent plots all pushed as facts.  As
it turns out, Whitewater was only a warm up.

> Tell you what. If you, from up there on the banks of the Hudson, can
> cite one Times editorial from the past two years endorsing Bush, his
> policies, or his Administration, I'll send you from here on the banks of
> the Willamette, a native fish of your own choosing. Maybe even pack it
> in ice.

More like pack it in the NYT.  That's what it's good for.  Given the size
of their fishy reporting, you'll have to send me a blue whale.  But since I
couldn't get one in my garage, not to mention all the bears I'd be fighting
off, we'd better pass on the fish.

Ahab Amago

P.S. The article does require registration.

> As for Clinton: what's that got to do with anything? Mike Geary, who has
> a wiser political head on his shoulders than Bill Keller ever will. And
> he shows little love for the Kid from Hope.
>
> See today's comment on the Miller/Iraq/Chalabi fiasco at

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/23/opinion/23publiceditor.html?n=Top%2fOpinio
n%2fThe%20Public%20Editor