[lit-ideas] Re: NEW TO THE LIST - ALEXANDER JORGENSEN

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 01:53:21 -0600

Trust me Alex, you didn't say anything provocative. Everything said was said in earnest or in jest or as a jab at another lister, not at you. Sometimes the Subject line gets abused around here and a post might have nothing at all to do with the Subject line. It makes life interesting. Actually, you should be highly flattered. This list usually ignores new posters for a few months -- issues of dominance and so forth, you know how it goes. I've never seen anyone get so many welcomes as you have. Must be the Xmas season. That doesn't mean they might not be brutal tomorrow. As you'll see if you hang around, most of the list members are male and they're bitchy. The males, that is, they're the bitchy ones, the females can be acerbic on occasion, but generally don't seem to take as great a pleasure in drawing blood. But boys will be boys and you know how easy it is to get a guy's back up. So just tell them to fuck off and keep posting. That's my advise. You won't find a lot of literature or ideas being discussed here, just politics and recipes and personalized renditions of old Blues songs. But welcome.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Jorgensen" <bangdrum@xxxxxxxxxxx>