[lit-ideas] Re: My Stranger -- Or Yours?

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 15:44:39 -0700

On Mar 9, 2009, at 10:39 AM, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx wrote:

But that's _not_ what Ritchie means! So go figure.

The OED says you could look for them floating in your tea, or hanging on a grate.

I might mention, the world being a small place, that I attended a lecture this weekend on "Ptolemy's Calculation of the Earth-Sun Distance as a Case against Scientific Realism." It was given by Christian C. Carman of CONICET, Universidad National de Quilmes. Wikipedia tells me that Quilmes has two soccer teams, one founded by the Scots, and one, not. Also a brewery. I see why the British would want to invade there.

David Ritchie,
lifting stones, tomes, and heavy anachronisms in,
Portland, Oregon