[lit-ideas] Re: My Philosophy in 42 words or more or less.

  • From: Ursula Stange <ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 22:49:21 -0400

I saw it.....

On Jul 7, 2015, at 10:31 PM, Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can (or should I say ''will") anyone confirm that the following post did
appear on the list three days ago. Just curious because I have not seen it
cross my screen since I sent it, and I'm just wondering what might have gone
wrong? Thanks for talking the time.

In as much as I am unable to prove either that I exist or that I don't, I
do now and heretoeverafter, publicly announce my acceptance of the
proposition that I am. If I am not, it doesn't matter for I will never know
that I am not. I am still not sure about anything or anybody else's actual,
real, physical existence and I do not feel that logic can prove that all such
experiences of such other beings that I encounter in my existence are not
just flashbacks from the sixities.
Now then, since I am -- and since I cannot prove that all you people are,
then I get to make up, decide, determine, delineate all the rules. I and I
alone get to differentiate between the ineluctable and the eluctable, the
inexorable from the exorable. Other than the crude bodily processes that
impinge their inexorableness and ineluctableness upon my existence, other
than the screaming of the gonads (more like a whimper now) and other such
gross bodily needs and demands (can you tell that I was raised Catholic?)
other than that, life is mine to be meaningfillized in whatever way pleases
me. I am the meaningfiller of existence. It is totally up to me what it all
means.

So then, what is meaningful? Ah, there's the rub.

On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
[...]

Mike Geary
Meaningfullizer of Memphis