[lit-ideas] Re: "Must We Mean What We Say?"

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:44:15 -0500

I'm wondering if there are any science types out there who could make a
comparison between the way the three words (inference, opinion, observation)
are used in a philosophical context vs. a scientific context.  That is, I
wonder if the area of science has a broadly understood "special" definition
of those terms?

Julie Krueger