[lit-ideas] Re: Muslim disrupt Israeli philharmonic concert for Dutch Queen

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 10:25:43 +0100 (BST)

I don't know, Lawrence, how much of what your sources write, you believe. But
let me say anyway, for the record, that the protests were not part of a Muslim
plot to suppress music, music being, according to your sources, forbidden by
Islam:

"Welcome to Eurabia. Here is yet another indication that Islamic supremacists
will not allow the Infidels to maintain their practices that are forbidden by
Sharia -- such as music."

meet, Lawrence, Yusuf Islam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLG91tOLPdQ

http://www.yusufislam.com/

and meet the West-Eastern Divan Orchestra

http://www.daniel-barenboim-stiftung.org/fileadmin/files/Pdf/West-Eastern%20Divan%20Institute%20Berlin%20CfS.pdf

(etc.)

I find that one Islamist group in Mogadishu has tried to stop radio stations
playing music, alleging it -- music -- is contrary to sharia law.  One.  In
Mogadishu.

Judy Evans, Cardiff