[lit-ideas] Re: Muslim Prejudice (Judy?)

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:27:10 +0000 (GMT)

The BBC America had a discussion about this lady and her comments.
The one I liked the best was the man who said that she ought not to have spoken
about anti-Muslim prejudice.  Given her position, she ought to have spoken
out about how one of the causes of prejudice against Muslims is their refusal
except Western secular values.
<<<<<<<<<<<<

when exactly was this?  could it have been before she made the speech?  Was he
relying on the leaked excerpts printed in the right wing press?  Had he even
read those? Have you?

|s it only OK to oppose discrimination and prejudice against members of a group
if all its members accept "Western secular values"?

(Is it OK to say "this lady" when you've been given a name?  -- I suppose where
you are, "this lady" may be complimentary.)

speech here:

http://www.sayeedawarsi.com/2011/01/university-of-leicester-sir-sigmund-sternberg-lecture/

Date: Thursday, 20
          January, 2011, 17:09