[lit-ideas] Re: Muslim Prejudice (Judy?)

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 16:57:23 -0500

Judy,

I read this e-mail after I responded to the other one you sent.  I think this
is interesting and wonderful.  I commend
 Baron Alli (Waheed Alli), for what he has done.  I wish him a long life.  But
I worry for him and all like him.

As regards the details of the various legal measures you cite concerning gays,
I am truly impressed.  And ashamed that we don't have it here.  Reason?  Refer
to my previous e-mail concerning religions.  In our case it's assorted
Christians.

We also have Muslim legislators in the Congress.  I believe there are two.

Veronica Caley
          From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Friday, 21 January, 2011, 15:48

                I recently finished a book called, "Why I Am Not A Muslim."
Among the things I learned: that people who call the prophet a pedophile do so
because he married a nine year old girl, that he evidently was a bandit who
shared the spoils, and that he was killing Jews or driving them off the land as
early as the seventh century.

                did you buy the book?  Wikipedia will tell you about Muhammad's
wives, including, of course, Aisha, as perfectly or imperfectly as it did.

                that he evidently was a bandit who shared the spoils
                <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

                he should have kept the spoils, I guess

                 and that he was killing Jews or driving them off the land as
early as the seventh century.
                <<<<<<<<<<<<

                ..gosh, that was early, we waited till the twelfth century....

                Re Eric's comment on stoning, if you haven't seen it, two
recommendations: the Christian method is in a film called  "Zorba the Greek."
The Muslim version, in a film made by an Iranian, is called, "The Story of
Soraya M"
                Zorba is also a book.  I recommend you see the film.  Also that
you don't eat before doing so.
                <<<<<<<<<

                *I* recommend you join the campaigns against stonings in Iran
-- but would like you also to campaign against all capital punishment; thank you

                (and FGM.)

                            From: Julie C <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
                            Subject: [lit-ideas] Muslim Prejudice (Judy?)
                            To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx