[lit-ideas] Re: Muslim Prejudice (Judy?)

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 17:42:30 +0000 (GMT)

I haven't read the speech, I did know about it.

"Baroness Warsi will say anti-Muslim prejudice is now seen by many Britons as
normal and uncontroversial"

I'd say there's a lot of truth in this, I'd also say Sayeeda Warsi is not
likely to exaggerate the extent and degree of prejudice. Just one thing

"She told the 2009 Conservative Party conference that anti-Muslim hatred had
become Britain's last socially acceptable form of bigotry"

There's another one, anti-gypsy prejudice.

I have no idea how all this compares with the US

btw sorry distracted by some terrific breaking news, the Labour Shadow
Chancellor's resigned and Ed Balls, who should have got the job in the first
place, is taking over.  Prepare to see Tory ministers dismembered!!!!

Judy Evans, Cardiff