[lit-ideas] Re: Muhammed and the Giant Peach

  • From: "JUDITH EVANS" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 23:23:09 -0000

Thanks for the correction

Judy
----- Original Message -----
From: "P.H.Lundbech" <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2006 9:38 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Muhammed and the Giant Peach

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 20:15:43 +0000 (GMT), Judith Evans
<judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I read that this paper was
>right-wing/anti-immigrant/racist.  (Right-wing, well,
>whatever... but we have tabloids that will whip up
>anti-immigrant etc. feeling at the drop of a hat, and
>if they did something like this, I'd suspect their
>motives.)

It is not a tabloid and not at all like the British tabloids you
are thinking about.

It is Denmark's largest daily newspaper and one of three major
newspapers. It is moderately right-wing and to some extent the
debate in the paper mirrors a widespread anti-immigrant sentiment
in the Danish people, but racist it is not.

P. H. Lundbech
Odense, DK