[lit-ideas] Re: "Much brains", "many brains"

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 12:15:49 EDT

My Mother once decided to fix the tongue of a cow for dinner, as a  novelty.
By the time she was through pulling the skin off of it and doing  everything
else necessary for preparation, she was too ill to eat and excused  herself
from the table.  The hanging dogs (dead) for sale by vendors in  other
countries
revolt some of us.  Whence our palates'  sensibilities?

Years ago I knew a woman who drove through a KFC after dark and ate as she
drove, dome light off.  At the second bite of chicken breast she thought
something tasted funny.  Pulled over, turned dome light on, and she had  bitten
into a whole rat which had somehow fallen into the dough and was flipped  into
the grease vat and packaged, unnoticed.  I think she was hospitalized  for
shock.  Some cultures eat rats as a delicacy.  It was years before  I ate at
KFC.

Julie Krueger