[lit-ideas] Re: Movies without Guns [clarification]

  • From: Robert Paul <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:25:11 -0700

I wrote:

Someone offlist quoted me:

'My instinctive nominalism leads me to suspect the (Socratic/Platonic) idea
that there must be a substance answering to every substantive.'

and asked:

[…]

In reply, I failed to change the mysterious subject header, and moreover, added the person who wrote me's name to it, not to the address box. My reply in any case should have been under the heading 'Violence as…,' etc.

Robert Paul