[lit-ideas] Re: Movie games

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 12:43:37 -0600

These are classified ads placed in U.K. Newspapers:

*FREE YORKSHIRE TERRIER.   *
*8 years old.  Hateful little bastard. Bites!   *

*_____________________________________ ______   *

*FREE PUPPIES   *
*1/2 Cocker Spaniel, 1/2 sneaky neighbour's dog.   *

*_____________________________________ ___________   *

*FREE PUPPIES.  Mother is a Kennel Club registered German Shepherd.   *
*Father is a Super Dog, able to leap tall fences in a single bound.   *

*_____________________________________ __________________   *
*JOINING NUDIST COLONY!   *
*Must sell washer and dryer, £100.   *

*_____________________________________ ________________________   *

*WEDDING DRESS FOR SALE.   *
*Worn once by mistake.    *

*_____________________________________ ______________________   *

*And the WINNER is...  *

*FOR SALE BY OWNER. Complete set of Encyclopaedia Britannica, 45 volumes.
*
*Excellent condition, £200 or best offer.   *
*No longer needed, got married, wife knows everything.  *

*_____________________________________ ______________________   *

*Thought from the Greatest Living Scottish Thinker--Billy Connolly.   *

*"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking,   *
*how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?"   *

*_____________________________________ _______________________   *

*Children Are Quick   *

*TEACHER: Why are you late?   *

*STUDENT: Class started before I got here.   *

*____________________________________   *

*TEACHER: Glenn, how do you spell 'crocodile?' GLENN: K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L'   *

*TEACHER: No, that's wrong.   *

*GLENN: Maybe it's wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.   *

*(I Love this child)   *

*_____________________________________ _______   *

*TEACHER: Donald, what is the chemical formula for water?   *

*DONALD: H I J K L M N O.   *

*TEACHER: What are you talking about?   *

*DONALD: Yesterday you said it's H to O.   *

*__________________________________   *

*TEACHER: Winnie, name one important thing we have *
*today that we didn't have ten years ago.   *

*WINNIE: Me!   *

*_____________________________________ _____   *

*TEACHER: Glen, why do you always get so dirty?   *

*GLEN: Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground than you are.   *

*_____________________________________ __   *

*TEACHER: Millie, give me a sentence starting with ' I. '   *

*MILLIE: I is... *

*TEACHER: No, Millie. Always say, 'I am.'   *

*MILLIE: All right. 'I am the ninth letter of the alphabet.'   *

*________________________________   *

*TEACHER: George Washington not only chopped down his *
*father's cherry tree, but he also admitted it. Now, Louie, do you *
*know why his father didn't punish him?   *

*LOUIS: Because George still had the axe in his hand. *

*_____________________________________ _   *

*TEACHER: Now, Simon, tell me frankly, do you say prayers before eating?   *

*SIMON: No sir, I don't have to, my Mom is a good cook.   *

*______________________________   *

*TEACHER: Clyde, your composition on 'My Dog' is exactly the same *
*as your brother's.  Did you copy his?   *

*CLYDE** : No, sir. It's the same dog. *

*(I want to adopt this kid!!!)   *

*TEACHER: Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on talking *
*when people are no longer interested?   *

*HAROLD: A teacher   *

*PASS IT AROUND AND MAKE SOMEONE SMILE...   *

*Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has
been turned off. *