[lit-ideas] Re: Movie

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:50:30 -0400

I heard him interviewed.  He's basically says nothing with power point
razzle dazzle.  Better than bad news all the time I guess.

As far as self mastery, I never said self mastery.  That's antithetical to
everything I believe in.  I believe in expressing emotions but doing it
such that no one gets hurt (certainly not to include war or variations on
war) and far from the madding crowd.  The point is training the emotions
through appropriate expression, not mastery.  Self mastery sounds to me
like turning one's self into a pressure cooker.  Good luck.

For Julie, yeah, we do live in a three dimensional world but we have two
dimensional brains.  The tension between those states results in war,
persecution, etc.

For Paul, tsar is closer to the pronunciation.  It's ts like the ts in tsk
tsk, with a soft rolled r at the end.  Russia never had a king, only tsars.
Tsar (alternatively czar, csar, tzar) is derivative of Caesar.

Eric, check this out.  Everything's hunky dory in Iraq, except the Shiite
militias are fighting the Iraqi troops, otherwise known as the government.
Think that sounds like civil war?  Nah, I didn't think so.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0399151753/104-6947401-6419119?v=glance&n=2
83155