[lit-ideas] Re: Mouse study claims plastics pose cancer risk

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 12:50:22 -0400

I wonder what the lab workers drink on their coffee breaks.

I've heard of windows of opportunity, but 'windows of fetal
development.'  I wonder what Orwell would say about that.

Ursula Stange
going to make a cup of tea
in North Bay

"In the past several years, however, particularly led by Earl Gray's
laboratory at the US Environmental Protection Agency, attention has
turned to low-dose toxicity of phthalates during crucial windows of
fetal development. As these studies have advanced, they have
fundamentally changed our perception of potential health risks of
phthalates."