[lit-ideas] Re: Motives of the Cordoban Mosque builders Rahman and Rauf

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 23:04:52 -0500

Lawrence: * Hundreds of protestors turned out to protest the Murfreesboro
Mosque. That might not sound like a lot, but don't forget we are a tolerant
nation; so Americans are slow to realize that the Muslims building these
Mosques have no intention of being as tolerant as they are. The belief is
slowly growing (to quote an article by Laurie Goodstein in my morning paper)
"that even the most Americanized Muslim secretly wants to replace the
Constitution with Islamic Sharia law."*

*What do you think of that belief that is growing in Murfreesboro and
elsewhere in America? Is there any validity to it? Are these Muslims anxious
to be just as tolerant as the rest of us think we are? *

Ah, yes, Murfreesboro, that bastion of Liberal thought and politics!  How
shocking that they protested the building of a mosque.  Of course the wave
of church burnings in the South during the 60's and then again in the 90's
might have influenced them a bit.  God love them though, they were just
looking out for God's welfare,as are all the good Christians who hate Islam
and want to see it crushed into the ground. God's little body guards.

Mike Geary

Or are they secretly bent upon, or at least cheering on, the same mission
that inspired the Cordoban General Al-Mansur? Maybe you can get hold of a
copy of Rauf's *A Call to Prayer from the World Trade Center Rubble: Islamic
Dawa in the Heart of America Post-9/11.*