[lit-ideas] Re: Morlocks

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:05:41 -0700

On Sep 14, 2008, at 3:04 PM, wokshevs@xxxxxx wrote:

Replying to David Ritchie's posting below:

Having traversed this beautiful land of Scotland on river, sea and loch - but concentrating mainly on the Highlands, as I'm sure you can appreciate - I can only say in response to the M. Python skit what Italians are wont to say in
similar contexts: "Miserabile! Scandalose!"

Where to find solace in a world so oppressed? The sound recording is awful, and you have to wait through references to Led Zepplin and Rod Stewart, but the stamina of the piper and his fingering are impressive. When we heard these fellows on Labor Day weekend they said they'd recently been on whatever late night show it is that has a Scottish host--see how much I know about television.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oEruSMon0M&feature=related

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon