[lit-ideas] Re: More places to nuke

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:16:39 EST

No bombs AND good health care.  What am I waiting for?  Oh,  wait...are there
any *warm* climates in Canada?

Julie Krueger
still, perpetually longing for New Zealand

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: More places to
nuke  Date: 2/22/06 9:11:21 A.M. Central Standard Time  From: _pas@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:pas@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>EY: So, yes, if Iran won't stop making  nukes, take out their facilities.
>If Canada went psychotic and started  making nukes, take out their
>facilities too.
>
>The more  apes with nukes, the more certain their use; the fewer apes with
>nukes,  the less certain their use.

It sounds like you are calling Canadians  apes.

Actually, after a short research a few years back, I was astounded  to find
out that Canada never did develop Nukes. I thought we had 'the  bomb'. For
YEARS I was living with a false sense of security that we could  take our
one bomb and do great damage to a small city somewhere within a few  hundred
miles of Winnipeg's Portage and Main -- it's where Canada keeps all  its
'central' secrets, like tax returns and college applications centres --
look out... um, um, um Bismarck... Yeah, yeah, that's it. I thought we
could bomb them back into the stoneage. It took time to adjust to the new
reality that we can't. Fortunately, it's not really necessary: those
badlands are already beautifully primitive. I'll give you ape-ish, but not
apes.

speaking no evil,

Paul  Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx