[lit-ideas] Re: More places to nuke

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:10:58 -0500

EY: So, yes, if Iran won't stop making nukes, take out their facilities. If Canada went psychotic and started making nukes, take out their facilities too.

The more apes with nukes, the more certain their use; the fewer apes with nukes, the less certain their use.

It sounds like you are calling Canadians apes.

Actually, after a short research a few years back, I was astounded to find out that Canada never did develop Nukes. I thought we had 'the bomb'. For YEARS I was living with a false sense of security that we could take our one bomb and do great damage to a small city somewhere within a few hundred miles of Winnipeg's Portage and Main -- it's where Canada keeps all its 'central' secrets, like tax returns and college applications centres -- look out... um, um, um Bismarck... Yeah, yeah, that's it. I thought we could bomb them back into the stoneage. It took time to adjust to the new reality that we can't. Fortunately, it's not really necessary: those badlands are already beautifully primitive. I'll give you ape-ish, but not apes.

speaking no evil,

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada