[lit-ideas] Re: More on Indonesia Radicalism:

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 15:26:50 -0300

Lawrence wrote:

<snipped irrelevant material>

Lawrence concludes:

"But to deny that Jihadist dangers exist in Indonesia, is well being
in denial, wishful thinking ..."

In fact I wrote that I am well aware of the risks.  I know the dangers
of where I am going better than you do.  What I wrote, and the point
Lawrence continues to evade, is that there is a significant moderate
Islamic movement standing in opposition to extremism.  I realize that
this disrupts Lawrence's easy caricature of Islam as extremist, but
reality is rarely so easily portrayed.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns