[lit-ideas] Re: More on Indonesia Radicalism:

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 22:35:28 -0500

LH:
The most significant point in regard to Jihadism and Moderation is THAT THERE IS NO SIGNIFICANT MODERATE ISLAMIC MOVEMENT STANDING IN OPPOSITION TO EXTREMISM IN THE MIDDLE EAST.<<

In my some-day-to-be-published novel there's an argument in a bar about who was the most evil man in history. The candidates are the usual suspects: Hitler and Stalin, Mao, Idi Amin and Rasputin. Also nominated is Genghis Khan. You'll have to buy the some-day-to-be-published novel to find out who wins, but until then, let me say that THERE IS NO SIGNIFICANT MODERATE MOVEMENT STANDING IN OPPOSITION TO AMERICAN IMPERIALISM EXCEPT ME AND A FEW OF MY FRIENDS. And as usual we are losing ground to the warmongers. Apparently there are human beings on this earth who just need to kill other people to feel fulfilled. Those people seem to be pretty well evenly spread throughout all cultures. Witness the Bush Administration. Witness al Queda. Our mission is to find a way to turn those sick souls into human beings. Won't you join us?

Same as it ever was.  Same as it ever was.  Same as it ever was.

Mike Geary
Memphis