[lit-ideas] Re: More & More off-list

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 23:47:54 -0800

How long is "excessively long"?

-----Original Message-----
From: lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Andreas Ramos
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 11:00 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: More & More off-list

Lawrence of Arabia writes:

> Ever since you (i.e., JL) were placed in solitary confinement and allowed
> only brief periods in the exercise yard, heavily supervised, my notes have
> gone awry.  Perhaps because I�ve been associating with you I am under
> suspicion also; although since my posts have been confined by the
> authorities to the dust bin, I don�t understand how anyone would know.

Is this another example of the vast rightwing self-persecution conspiracy?
If Lawrence's posts are excessively long, the server automatically rejects
them. Trim your posts.

As for JL, he has tried to post 11 times today. The first four were passed
to the list.

He also sent me three additional posts, asking me to post his four postings.
That's 15 emails from him today. But I've not stopped counting; there is
still more than an hour til midnight.

It's admirable, in a way. Even when the computer won't let him post, JL,
filled with speranza, keeps pinging away.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com