[lit-ideas] More & More off-list

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 18:12:37 -0800

JL,

The note you are responding is a note I posted on-line, but it has not yet
appeared on Lit-Ideas; so I shall copy you as usual in case this one doesn’t
appear either.  Ever since you were placed in solitary confinement and allowed
only brief periods in the exercise yard, heavily supervised, my notes have gone
awry.  Perhaps because I’ve been associating with you I am under suspicion
also; although since my posts have been confined by the authorities to the dust
bin, I don’t understand how anyone would know.

Ah, so some of your comments were to motivate me to reply.  Since you commented
similarly to others I assume you had the same purpose in mind for them.  And
since none of them have replied . . . I assume that their notes of reply are in
the same Lit-Ideas Limbo as mine.

As to the Crusades, they have been misrepresented in recent years due to the
misrepresentation of them by the Islamists.   According to the Islamists,
Muslims were peacefully minding their own business when without provocation the
evil Christians aggressively attacked them.  This is funny in the same way a
conspiracy theory is funny.   Actually, Christian nations had been minding
their own business, albeit in the manner of Troy, that is enjoying their wealth
and learning to practice war no more when they were attacked by the Barbarians.
  These Barbarians (Muslims) conquered city by city and Western Christianity
ignored  cries coming from the East for help for year after year.  Finally the
Pope called for a Crusade.  And foreshadowing Joseph Goebbels, Islamists and
their admirers have been holding up the Crusades as an example of Western Evil
ever since Sayyid Qutb made that preposterous claim.

Lawrence