[lit-ideas] Re: Moral Imagination

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 00:15:27 -0500

Walter writes (not surprisingly): "Universality is constitutive of morality
and as such is not itself open to decision, judgement or debate."

I'm glad that he's wrong.  I would hate to think that what passes for
morality in the world, is universally true.  My morality seems to vary quite
a bit from quite a few others.  Standing in another's shoes is standing in
another universe -- oh, I get it now!

Mike Geary
not even universally himself most days.