[lit-ideas] Re: Monday found POEM IN 0 STANZAS, from e bay

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 13:27:28 -0800

PRINT OF THE FAMOUS 1857 PAINTING , "THE GLEAMERS" BY JEAN FRANCOIS MILLET

This is a PRINT of the FAMOUS 1857 PAINTING, "THE GLEAMERS" by JEAN FRANCOIS

MILLET. This print is very popular. These are three French peasant women planting in the fields.

Farther back are men working on a wagon-full of hays. Farthest on the righthand side is the small

figure of a man on a horse, as if he is watching them. The frame is bakelite and bronze-colored,

scalloped-style and 4" wide. I don't see this kind of wide frame no more.

Dominant colors in the picture: Yellow,white and green. There are some stains on the right side of

the picture, showing its age. Inner Frame: 11X Almost 9" height. Outer Frame: 17X14 1/2" height.

NOTE : Since I was not familiar with this famous print, I previously listed it with a wrong description.

A very good friend (I call her a friend now), corrected my listing. So now if you will buy this popular

framed print, you know that you get a very good deal and would be so proud to add it to your collection.

It is a treasure to have and so stunning to hang on your wall.