[lit-ideas] Re: Moderation? Where?

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 02:09:03 +0100

Saturday, October 15, 2005, 1:05:03 AM, Robert Paul wrote:

RP> There are a number of people on lit-ideas who rarely post, and a number
RP> whose posts are sometimes simply references to information on the Web,
RP> or articles cut and pasted from various sources. I'm one of the latter;
RP> so is Eric; so is Judy. But none of us simply dumps stuff on the list
RP> and walks away.

Yes.

RP> Sometimes MA's posts are from sources one should pay attention to;
RP> mostly they're from sources that to call them sources is a considerable
RP> stretch.

Including one really rather old one.  (I haven't paid much attention
to his posts, there may have been others.)

RP> Ideally, the purpose of the list is to discuss things. This MA has never
RP> done.

Yes.

RP> PS says that we should point out where the things he posts are
RP> mistaken or questionable. At first I did that. It was like talking back
RP> to a billboard.

I've replied to people's replies to Camp... he says nothing.

RP> Andreas has been a tremendously non-judgemental list owner. He's been
RP> tolerant as all get out. Had MA behaved on Phil Lit as he does here,
RP> he'd have lasted about 24 hours.

Certainly a listowner would have
intervened earlier.

(But I would be unhappy about Andreas' action had he not written to
Camp about his posts.)

--

                             mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx