[lit-ideas] Re: Mitfordiana

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 14:44:30 -0600

If you were in Memphis and you said "I feel like some Rendezvous?"
Everyone would know that you were saying: "Let's go to the Rendezvous
Restaurant and eat the best damn barbecued ribs in the whole damn world."
What would Grice say about that, huh?  I'm telling you the truth: Language
don't follow no (  ) or <> or  [ ] or # or ^ or ~ language is just what we
do when we're bored.  Like me right now in this write.   Sometimes
languagehas some meaning outside one's own self, but we won't go there,
we'll go to the Rendezvous instead.