[lit-ideas] Re: Misunderstanding The information Age

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 02:33:09 -0400

Andreas wrote: It's easy to deal with this "threat". Better schools. But . . . the AmCons have been intentionally destroying AmEd for the last 30 years. Game over.

Eric: Yeah, you're right. Game over. I hoped we could fight for a better future. Foolishly I assumed we could demand more of ourselves, our communities, our local, state, and federal governments. It seemed there was something that could be done--some muted rallying perhaps, some grainy emblem of our former pride that could be raised, some echo of expended energy or dashed hope that could be mustered to take the field. But no, game over. The light has been extinguished, the legions have fled, and the great marble pillars collapse from unseen rot at their base. Weeds sprout from crumbling pavements. Our libraries, empty and dark, resound only of yellowing unread pages ruffling in a cruel wind. Game over. The streets are deserted now. A sickly horned moon snuffs itself under cover of a cloud. Even the owls are silent. Behind the blue glow of TV, row after row of houses hold bodies closed in a waking dream, idle, void, nibbling at cookies, waiting for the invaders to arrive and exterminate them. Game over.