[lit-ideas] Re: Mirembe...Ny Times...eternitytime

  • From: Robert Paul <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:01:50 -0800

Sorry. I read Peter's remarks too hastily. I see now that he suggests
that Wittgenstein was 'thinking in German,' not that he was speaking to
Malcolm in German. This is, of course, possible; but one must remember
that Wittgenstein had mastered the use of 'Hot Ziggety!'

Of course, Malcolm's inference goes against the usual understanding of
'all too human,' which suggests that mere humanity most of the time
falls short.

Robert Paul
robert.paul@xxxxxxxx