[lit-ideas] Militant Ideology Sociobiology

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 15:38:40 -0500

You're all gonna lash me for this, but what the heck.

Looking at a photo of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, I had a weird sociobiological thought. What if terrorism is not about postcolonial stress, US foreign policy, religion, ethnicity, ideology, or oil?

What if terrorism, on some deep genetic level, is about hairy-backed males securing females with whom to mate?

Hairy-backed males are at a selective disadvantage in mating. It's a real turn-off for females. In the secular West, many hairy-backed males get their backs waxed so as to appeal to females.

Islam -- and this is only incidental to Islam by the way -- creates a rigid male-dominant structure where the hairy-backed male members can secure procreation rights to females. The females cannot easily divorce and are more or less the property of the males. Islamic societies allow the hairy-backed in their populations to mate more easily.