[lit-ideas] Re: Michael Moore and other 'nutters' (correction)

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 00:34:59 -0700 (PDT)

--- Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The idea of a secret alien
> race
> that has conspired to dominate the world reminds me
> of
> a Serbian (fiction) writer who was living in America
> and writing in English, Milorad Pavic. (Except that
> Pavic has robots in his novels, I think.) Wonder if
> Icke may have lifted it from him.

Correction - the Serbian writer whom I had in mind was
Borislav Pekic, not Milorad Pavic. The latter was a
nuthead Serb nationalist, while Pekic's political
views, outside his novels, were quite reasonable and
liberal. He later went back to Serbia, where he spent
the last years of his long life opposing Miloshevic's
regime.

O.K.

Yahoo! Domains ? Claim yours for only $14.70/year