[lit-ideas] Re: Michael Moore and other 'nutters'

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 09:59:50 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Whatever. His movies are funny, but wrong. Columbine is a long series of
non-sequiturs about violence, guns, pilgrims, and the NRA. It plays to the
fears of the urban anti-gun crowd.

A.A.  I liked Columbine and I agree with it.  The American media is the biggest
terrorist we have.  They take anything and blow it out of all proportion,
almost forcing a gullible public to glue themselves to the tubes or flat
screens or whatever.  When SARS was happening, a total of something like XXX
people died.  Okay, XXX is not a small number of people.  Yet, literally
millions, as in X,XXX,XXX, world wide die just from diarrhea that comes from
dirty water, and not one word is mentioned.  No self-serving job security there
at all, not a bit.  Likewise Anthrax.  They worked the country for everything
they could get.  Turn on any news program, and they will give you a reason to
be scared, to get armed, etc.  Early in my subscription to this list, I
referred to dream research.  Part of that research found that American men have
the most violence-oriented dreams of any developed nation.  Is it our genes?

I'm neither left nor right, rather apolitical mostly, and from where I stand,
Michael Moore makes a lot of sense.

Andy Amago

yrs,
andreas