[lit-ideas] Re: : Mexican protesting_ something illegal for free

  • From: eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 10:34:15 -0400

 Hi,
Thanks to both you and Robert for your information!

This report, in particular, showed the correlation towards land ownership and
poverty.

Kind of makes you wonder about the theory of how free market without oversight
will ultimately work towards the constructive greater good of the society in
which it reigns...

How would the USA be different had the Homestead Act not been enacted here?  (I
understand you can still homestead in parts of Alaska--or you used to be able
to do so...)

And, yes--that piece on Mexico legalizing the drug trade in their midst is
fascinating as we see so many children in this area being affected by being in
meth families and how so many strategies to reduce access for its creation are
now to be rendered null and void of any real impact...    Oh, well.

Best,
Marlena