[lit-ideas] Re: Merry Christmas

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:41:12 -0800

I look forward to this movie, which opens here on Friday. May I call your attention to the following site. I don't know how to verify the claim that a movie about WW1 was fine with the British High Command in Iraq, but caused French generals to say, "Non." Perhaps this is one of the differences between a volunteer and a conscript army; the high command has greater confidence in volunteers?

http://100777.com/node/1483/print

David Ritchie, Portland, Oregon