[lit-ideas] Re: Media exposure

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:55:47 EST

My husband listens once or twice a week to right-wing talk radio.  I  can't
stand it, but he tells me he listens to it to see what the right-wingers  are
saying, and that it amuses him, and that they are nearly apoplectic re. the
Dem. majority in Congress.  It appears everyone's adrenalin rushes are  being
fed by politics.  I wonder how much of politics is just that -- that  adrenalin
rush of power or perceived or vicarious power.  I probably don't  want to
know.  I always did like Mr. Spock.  And Data, for that  matter.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Media exposure
Date: 1/8/2007 5:40:00 P.M. Central Standard Time  From: _atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LH:
> I don’t watch Fox  News.

Oh, man I do.  Well, only Fox  News Sunday since I don't do cable TV.  I
can't imagine life without Fox  News Sunday.  It gets my gander up like you
wouldn't believe.  Every  Sunday I fire off at least one, sometimes two or
three
virulent emails.   For example just last Sunday Fred Barnes called Cindy
Sheehan
a "crack  pot".  Before he could finish his smirk, I had emailed this to Fox
News Sunday:

Please tell that fascist little fuckhead Fred  Barnes that if Cindy Sheehan
is a crackpot, then he's psychopath.

Thank you,
Mike Geary
Memphis

Brilliant, eh?  I have such  delicious hatred for those pompous asses, namely
Brit Hume and  shit-eating-grin-boy Bill Kristol and that smug-smarmy Chis
Wallace -- they give  me an adrenaline rush that lasts me all week.  I love Fox
News  Sunday.

Mike Geary
Memphis