[lit-ideas] Re: Media exposure

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 22:49:12 -0500 (EST)

I watch Fox News, it's right above CNN and I flip between them.  They *never* criticize the administration, obviously because the administration is above criticism.  (I have qued a DVD on Murdoch, should be interesting.)  I also read one of those right wing ultra conservative things (once) and it was so full of ideology and wishful thinking, absolutely no facts whatsoever, I almost laughed.  It wasn't unlike what used to be printed in Pravda. Needless to say I didn't bookmark it.  I also in the 90's during Clinton used to listen to Talk Radio, Bob Grant, WABC in NYC and it was pure unadulterated sewage.  Clinton was the Devil Incarnate; Bush (Sr. at the time) was God.  The things that he said about Governor Cuomo, three term governor of NY, are unrepeatable.  There was no information there whatsoever, just rant.  What people see in talk radio is beyond me, unless they identify with these lowlifes.  Rush Limbaugh I've never heard except in snippets, but I don't think I'm missing anything.  He just does it for the money, like the blonde who'll say anything outrageous for money, what's her name?  Basically, all this right wing stuff is emotional and not based in fact.  When it is based in fact, as when Granddaddy Buckley finally said the war was lost, his was a "leftist" position.

Regarding we brought it on ourselves, we invaded, remember?   No WMD?  No yellow cake?  We started a war over a terror attack, and botched it royally too.  Had no idea what we were getting into.  And, if that wasn't enough, we ignored the terrorists who did the attack when we started the war, and gave them a huge boost instead.  So, yeah, that qualifies as bringing it ourselves.  Of course, you disagree, probably because it's all their fault we're so stupid.  I guess somebody has to take the blame.  Certainly we're not responsible for our actions.