[lit-ideas] Re: Maximin Redux

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 15:00:04 -0230

I take it that few of us would make love, or go fishing, or see the sunset (even
in NL) or walk the dog, or any combination of the above, at a time when we
recognize that a loved one or a stranger is in dire need of our aid. Many of
our maxims are not consciously formulated priot to action. All of our rational
actions, however, are maxim-guided (oder?) and all maxims remain open to moral
assessment.

Did Asha borrow the term from Jack (Rawls) ?

Walter O
MUN

Quoting Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx: