[lit-ideas] Re: Max Boot

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 12:12:53 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Seems your heart's in the right place wanting to defend America, and since facts and reality don't work to support your desires, logic has to suffice.  So why *did* England send troops to fight the Americans, and just why did England lose?  If we can't answer that and it happened (a whopping) 200 some years ago, how can we possibly understand what's going on under a current fog of war?  On the other hand, we think Vietnam was of another era, too long ago to have been worth heeding before sending the bull willy nilly to liberate the china shop.  I await another diatribe about Leftists bad and Rights good, consistent with the general impotence and paralysis of our position in history at the moment.