[lit-ideas] Re: Marx and Freud's validity only as 'limiting case' Darwinism (was: Re: Guess - Answer

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 10:24:58 -0700 (PDT)

That may be.  However, the essay written by the 17 year old speaks to an innate
sense of fairness.  I'm actually having a problem now believing that may Al
Gore has shifted into serving himself with global warming.  If he knows
anything, he knows that cap in trade is a colossal waste of time for carbon
emissions.  It only worked for the discrete problem of acid rain and even there
not completely.  The cap in trade thing is in concert with GS.  That's the next
environmental bubble.  I'm still in a 'say it ain't so' place with that,
willing to be convinced of his intentions.

Problem is people are just people, no matter what, no matter where, no matter
color, no matter price tag.  Even I have to re-learn that occasionally, as in
way overestimating the smarts of the financial wizards plotting away when in
fact they're just plodding away raking in bonuses with nary a thought among
them.  Maybe Marx is that category too.  I don't know but I hope not.  Kindle
doesn't have the Skousen book so I have to get it the old fashioned way which
means using up some fossil fuels getting to a store.  The Red Prussian sounds
interesting too.  So much to read, don't know where to start...

Andy

--- On Mon, 8/3/09, Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On a sidenote, Andy might want to read "The Red Prussian" to see the case for
the prosecution against Marx (e.g. he was an selfish egoist who actually saw
the working class principally as a means to his own advancement).

Donal
Conscientous Objector To The Class War