[lit-ideas] Re: Martyrdom Seekers 400

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:22:47 -0500

>>[hastily constructed syllabus for Martyrdom Seekers 400, 3-credit self-demolition/murder course]

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: Well, I guess we know whose getting a big fat fatwa next!

Dear Mr. Ahmadinejad:

If the West can mobilize its vast army of Comedy-Martyrs, we will keep your clerics so busy issuing fatwas, they will have no time to shower, sleep, or call out for Chinese food.

The Comedy-Martyrs are our real WMDs, and will rain the fire of scorn and mockery upon your heads in an unending stream of setups and punchlines, satires, and one-liners until--Henny Youngman be praised!--you will say, "Hey, political control of the Middle East is not worth this crap."

For though our Comedy-Martyrs may bomb with the Ruling Council--exclaiming, "What is this, a mortician's convention?"--our metropolitan comedy clubs are filled to overflowing with wannabes motivated by visions of the Paradise of Seinfeld, and they will not stop until the very beard of the prophet is wiggling with joyous mirth.

Yours sincerely,
Mullah Thatwan Over