[lit-ideas] Re: [Marquand - not the novelist

  • From: erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:06:27 +0000

I can confirm that tucking in shirts is a definite 'no'.

Then again, I purchased a pink and blue plaid shirt yesterday, so...

From:   Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
Sender: lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:   Tue, 17 Aug 2010 21:29:12
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: [Marquand - not the novelist

Lawrence wrote

> I suspect none of us is aging very gracefully.   I too considered
> suspenders a couple of years ago.  I have always had a problem with
> short shirts.   My wife never used to complain about my not keeping
> the shirts tucked in, but I'll be 76 this coming October and,
> apparently, things aren't as seemly as they once were.  I can't
> understand it.  I still work out with weights, take the dogs for long
> walks, but despite all that I'm probably still going to be 76 this
> coming October.

I think that the current fashion is to wear one's shirts not tucked in.
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shirts.jsp

Be that as it may, I always hear my grandmother's voice whispering that
I should tuck in my shirt. So I do.

> Oh, another problem I obviously have.  I've forgotten how to spell.
> If my spell-check can't correct it, neither can I.  And it didn't have
> "hippie."

My email program, and my MS Word program do not recognize 'hippy,' so
you should have had spell-checking help from somewhere.

Robert Paul,
older than Lawrence