[lit-ideas] Re: Mark Twain

  • From: John Wager <john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 13:54:03 -0500

JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

Am I the only person on the face of the planet who has not read "The Diaries of Adam & Eve" by Twain? A friend read some excerpts to me yesterday and I promptly ordered the book. Anything that makes me laugh out loud is well worth $11.
Julie Krueger

If you liked that one, you may also like this:

http://academics.triton.edu/uc/english.html

It's a section from WHAT IS MAN by Twain. This part is about how students in Twain's day murdered the English language and other academic subjects. It sounds like not much has changed...

"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence and ignorance." -------------------------------------------------
John Wager john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Lisle, IL, USA