[lit-ideas] Re: Malignant Demon

  • From: karltrogge@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:06:54 +0200

On 9-Jul-09, at 5:46 AM, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx wrote:

My claim: he does not exist (Trogge)

To paraphrase Mark Twain, 'The rumours of my non-existance have been greatly exagerated!'.

But this is FINE, Mr Speranza - I just knew if I was patient enough on of your bizarre philosophies would turn out to be INTERESTING.

I mean TRANSMOGRIFICATION OF SOULS - the idea that a psyche's personal identity is dependent upon geographical position, and that if any member of this list visits the city of any past or present subscriber he automatically assumes his identity. That's a GOOD one.

(Memo to self: NEVER travel to Buenos Aires.)

Here's another tip to help you maintain your readership - stop dropping the names of 20th century philosophers into your posts (others of us may have heard them speak or comunicated with them as well) and skip to the really FASCINATING stories ...

Like the tme you dropped in on PLATO in his cave and helped him set up his shadow theatre - the classical world's forerunner to TV!

Karl Trogge
Hamburg