[lit-ideas] Malevolence (Was: The Evil That We Do)

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 16:12:56 -0400

This is very long but fascinating.  Excerpt below link.  If you read it, note
that they were not totally starved.  They ate something.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/135/6/1347.full

Several of the men, like Max Kampelman, agreed that nearly immediately after
semistarvation began, all interest in women and dating was lost: "I can tell
you, the sex drive disappeared. There was none." Samuel Legg recalled that the
most poignant moment in the experiment for him was related to an emotional
reaction caused by his increasing physical weakness and exhaustion:

Veronica Caley

Milford, MI