[lit-ideas] Re: MY sunday

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:23:42 -0700

>> Yeah. "The Mussel Whisperer."
>
> Hey, I've already got some of mine TRAINED.  They're pretty good at "s"
> words, responding to "sit" and "stay," but struggling a little with "sing
> 'Oh Canada.'"

p.s. I'm wondering--you know more about science than I do--is there such a
thing as a herding mussel, a mollusk version of the border collie, which
rounds up all the others and thus acquires intelligence, a vocabulary of 240
words, and deep knowledge of who is buried in Grant's tomb?

To quote Snoopy, "the theological implications alone are astounding."

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon