[lit-ideas] Re: MLK on extremism

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 05:53:01 EST

Having finally, and most obtusely, noted Brian's pov, I might humbly
suggest, Brian, that you would like well Simone Weil's "Gravity and Grace" (a
book
I've mentioned frequently on this list).

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: MLK on extremism
Date: 1/15/2007 9:35:39 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Brian,

Doesn't it strike you as just a wee  bit ironical that you cite MLK who
quotes Jesus, "Love your enemies,bless  them that curse you, pray for
them that despitefully use you" Long way  between this and extremism in
either a Militant Islamic or John Birch  sense.

John

--
John  McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd., Yokohama, JAPAN