[lit-ideas] Re: MH, with updated linkhttp://www.corriere.it/english/15_febbraio_09/heidegger-jews-self-destructed-47cd3930-b03b-11e4-8615-d0fd07eabd28.shtmling

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 07:00:15 -0800

And of course Mullins was apparently a good friend to Ezra Pound:

[from Wikipedia] In the late 1940s, when the poet Ezra Pound was incarcerated
in St. Elizabeth’s Hospital on treason charges against the US, he corresponded
with Mullins. In their correspondence, Mullins exclaimed "THE JEWS ARE
BETRAYING US", in a letter written on Aryan League of America stationery. The
two became friends and Mullins often visited the poet while he was
detained.[16] In his "Foreword" to The Secrets of the Federal Reserve Mullins
explains the circumstances by which he came to write his investigation into the
origins of the Federal Reserve System: "In 1949, while I was visiting Ezra
Pound ... [he] asked me if I had ever heard of the Federal Reserve System. I
replied that I had not, as of the age of 25. He then showed me a ten dollar
bill marked "Federal Reserve Note" and asked me if I would do some research at
the Library of Congress on the Federal Reserve System which had issued this
bill."[16]

“Mullins told Pound that he had little interest in such a research project
because he was working on a novel. "My initial research" wrote Mullins,
"revealed evidence of an international banking group which had secretly planned
the writing of the Federal Reserve Act and Congress’ enactment of the plan into
law. These findings confirmed what Pound had long suspected. He said, "You must
work on it as a detective story."[16]

“Mullins completed the manuscript during the course of 1950 when he began to
seek a publisher. Eighteen publishers turned the book down without comment
before the President of the Devin-Adair Publishing Company, Devin Garrett, told
him, "I like your book but we can't print it...Neither can anybody else in New
York. You may as well forget about getting the [...] book published."[16]

“Eventually the book was published by two other men who visited Pound during
that period, John Kasper and David Horton, under the title Mullins on the
Federal Reserve.

“In Mullins on the Federal Reserve (1952), (the updated edition published in
1983 was called Secrets of the Federal Reserve) Mullins argued that there was a
conspiracy among Paul Warburg, Edward Mandell House, Woodrow Wilson, J.P.
Morgan, Benjamin Strong, Otto Kahn, the Rockefeller family, the Rothschild
family, and other European and American bankers which resulted in the founding
of the U.S. Federal Reserve System. He argued that the Federal Reserve Act of
1913 defies Article 1, Section 8, Paragraph 5 of the United States Constitution
by creating a "central bank of issue" for the United States. Mullins went on to
claim that World War I, the Agricultural Depression of 1920, the Great
Depression of 1929 were brought about by international banking interests in
order to profit from conflict and economic instability. Mullins also cited
Thomas Jefferson's staunch opposition to the establishment of a central bank in
the United States.”

Ezra Pound has been an ongoing puzzle to me.  He influenced a number of poets
during his era, but he strikes me as the poetic equivalent of Heidegger.  His
writing is so difficult and obfuscated that any critic who masters it is proud
of his achievement and unwilling to denounce it as being of poor quality.
Pound’s economic theories as discussed in the biographies I’ve read were
considered a sign of his advancing madness.

As to the Jews, I was once in a [Christian] Bible Study attended by a Jew named
Al who complained that with the ongoing belief in Jews capturing the wealth of
the world and being secretly influential, why could he never cash in on that
(apparently he would have if he could have)?  He didn’t have any relatives who
were rich or powerful.  He himself worked in the produce department of a
supermarket.  It was a great mystery to him.

Lawrence